Certification program at the golf course:
A Youth Program Unlike Any Other
The First Tee emphasizes Nine Core Values
: honesty, integrity, sportsmanship, respect, confidence, responsibility, perseverance, courtesy and judgment. Through golf and our core values, kids and teens will learn life skills including:
- Making proper introductions
- Managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
Advancing through the Program
From age 7 through 17, youth progress through age-based levels by demonstrating The First Tee Nine Core Values
, life and golf skills.
- Ages 7-9: Students learn the Nine Core Values and are introduced to concepts like Meeting & Greeting, Respecting the Rules, and Exploring the Game.
- Ages 10-12: Having Fun, Staying Cool, and Personal Par are combined with Dream and Goal setting .
- Ages 13+: Goal setting is reinforced while students explore more advanced concepts like Health and Wellness, Resolving Conflicts, and Planning for the Future.
- Ace (required minimum age 14 or entering 9th grade) – Put it all together and hone in on college exploration, career education, and giving back to the community.